Juggling in Tokyo

Ken Nishimura's blog about juggling, photos, living and sometimes working in Tokyo.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Paper or online

I feel exactly the same way as this guy.

Consumer - Magazines vs. The Web: End of an Era


Of course, when I worked at the magazine I rarely questioned its ability to compete in the marketplace with all the Web upstarts. But now that I’ve been immersed in the Web world for awhile, when I stand back and look at the situation, I think magazines are destined to fail at this enterprise.


One of the reasons I quit the former comapany is because they seemed to be stuck in a rut doing the publishing business for way too long. They just can't make a move toward the web era. My new company is solely dedicated for online media. And, like this guy says in the article above, publishing online doesn't require quality as high as paper-based magazines. To publish article on paper pages, it takes a lot time to layout and count the number of lines, etc. It involves many staff members like a camera guy, writer, editor, page designer, director and such. You have to proofread at least three to four times before your page goes to the printing company.

Web publishing is a whole lot more easy, and I love the speed. It's more like blogging. Actually, I have this strange feeling that now I do blogging professionaly, which is good for me. I like blogging. I always want to tell somebody what I learnt recently, be it something about juggling, camera or, well IT news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home