Juggling in Tokyo

Ken Nishimura's blog about juggling, photos, living and sometimes working in Tokyo.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yoyogi park

Went to the Yoyogi park to practice juggling. There were about 10 jugglers and 5 idaki players as usual. Since a strong wind warning had been issued in Tokyo, we could hardly practice. It's not the best season to juggle anyways.





With Shigaru-san, we moved to Nagareyama juggling club after the sunset. I can't juggle full-day these days because I'm supposed to take care of my little baby on weekends, so today's an exception. Here's some records I set today. I haven't juggled clubs for a couple of months, but mortor skills seem to persist.


  • 5 ball hi-lo shower (b171) 20->22 rounds
  • (6x,4)* 46->58 catches
  • 3 ball 2up double pirouette 1->3 times in a cascade
  • 4 club fountain 46->48 catches

3 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That are some very interesting numbers! 22 rounds of 5 ball hi-lo shower is amazing - I'm not sure my record is as high as that. On the other hand I once did about 5 minutes of (6x,4). Funny that for you the trick difficulties are so different.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger ken said...

Yeah, for some reasons, Japanese jugglers tend to prefere shower patterns. Almost every woman over 60 year old could do 3 ball shower when they were young. I met a woman aged 76 the other day, who still can do 3 sync shower with my big juggling balls.

(6x,4)* is a nightmare for me, however, my 6 ball full shower is starting to click now.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger ken said...

Oh, by the way, I was so impressed with your 4 ball shower combos on your web site. I still am working on showers to do a short routine like yours where you do 9151, 4b box etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home