Juggling in Tokyo

Ken Nishimura's blog about juggling, photos, living and sometimes working in Tokyo.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Chocolate for 158USD !?

After a press meeting, I stopped at this chocolate shop near my office. Thought it would be a good present for my wife. Even though she has a persistent cold, she cannot take medicine since she feeds the baby from her breast. There may be some medicine breast-feeding mothers can take, but for some reasons, almost every commercial medicine is forbidden here in Japan.

Anyway, the chocolate shop, ``Maison de Chocola Paris'', turns out to be way classy. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found that the tiny box was 18900yen(158USD). 100g(about a quater pound) costs 3800yen(31USD). 2-3USD each piece. Just crazy.

The plate chocolate I bought in my office was 100yen(0.8USD) for 50g. Didn't buy that for my wife, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home